On Friday 27th of May was organized common meeting in Firenze in Consiglio Nazionale Delle Ricerche – CNR IIA premises, where were discussed cooperating among European NEtwork for Redistributing Geospatial Information to user Communities – Open Data Energic OD (http://www.energicod.eu/default.asp ) on one side and three already cooperating projects on second side SDI4Apps – Uptake of open geographic information through innovative services based on linked data (https://sdi4apps.eu/), Spatial Referenced data Hubs for Innovation in The Transport Sector – Open Transport Network (OTN) (http://project.opentransportnet.eu/otn/) and Farm Oriented Open Data in Europe FOODIE (http://foodie-project.eu/#). All four projects are financed under ICT Policy Support Programme: Theme 2 : Digital content, open data and creativity, Objective 2.2: Open data. We believe, that this extended cooperation will increase added value of all projects and also will support better utilization of Open Data in Europe.
During meeting was presented Energic OD projects developing of Virtual Hubs aiming to facilitate access to and use of heterogeneous data published by existing Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDIs), including INSPIRE-compliant systems, GMES/Copernicus services, etc and existing portals of SDI4Apps https://sdi4apps.eu/portal/, OTN data Hub http://www.opentransportnet.eu/ and FOODIE portal http://portal.foodie-cloud.org/.
It was discussed that SDI4Apps, FOODIE and OTN could play role of boths clients and servers for ENERGIC O infrastructure.
There were also discussed possibilities of re using existing results of SDI4Apps, OTN and FOODIE by ENERGIC OD project or commonly cooperate on future development. As important topic were recognized:
1. Metadata. Implementation of Geo DCAT. Basic information about implementation is here https://sdi4apps.eu/2015/12/geodcat-ap-implementation-for-inspire-metadata/. You can also find our extension, which we are developing for CKAN https://github.com/CCSS-CZ/ckan-ext-inspire It is expected, that this topic will be again discussed on OGC meeting in Dublin.
2. JSON for sharing of Map Compositions. Basic information is here https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/json-accessing-composition-map-composer-karel-charvat or here https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/json-accessing-composition-map-composer-karel-charvat. Technical specification is on GitHub https://github.com/hslayers/hslayers-ng/wiki/Composition-schema. It is expected, that possibilities of sharing of compositions will be tested and could be also included as part of solution of ENERGIC OD
3. Senslog was discussed mainly as potential tool for VGI, but also implementation of OGC SOS services. See more on https://sdi4apps.eu/2015/12/senslog-solution-for-sensor-networks/. https://sdi4apps.eu/2016/04/opensensorsnetwork-pilot-senslog-api-version-1-0-is-open/. Description of test, how to use SensLog for VGI is here https://sdi4apps.eu/2016/04/s4a-js-1-0-simple-solutions-to-well-known-problems/. You can see also codes and detail technical specification here https://github.com/mkepka/senslog/tree/master/senslog-sdi4apps. Information about some applications based on SensLog are here https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/farmtelemetry-karel-charvat, https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/applications-senslog-i-ground-water-monitoring-karel-charvat?trk=pulse_spock-articles, https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/applications-senslog-ii-vgi-monitoring-karel-charvat?trk=pulse_spock-articles, https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/applications-senslog-iv-agrometeorological-monitoring-karel-charvat?trk=pulse_spock-articles.
4. From presented data sets SPOI are here https://sdi4apps.eu/spoi/,
5. OTM here http://opentransportmap.info/
6. More about Land Use you can find here https://sdi4apps.eu/project-information/pilot-applications/pilot-4-open-land-use-map-through-vgi/